Womankind become the Eyes Down Charity of the Year 2019
We are thrilled to reveal that our 2019 Charity of the Year is Womankind Worldwide.
Who are Womankind?
Womankind Worldwide is a global charity dedicated to supporting women's movements around the world. The organisation works in solidarity and partners with women’s rights organisations and movements in five focus countries to ensure women’s voices are heard at a local, regional and global level.
Womankind aim to:
- End violence against women and girls
- Support women's economic rights
- Support women's equal influence in decision-making
The charity provides help on many levels, from supporting women individually to working with communities, countries and international agencies such as the United Nations. Womankind work with partners in their focus countries who support women through a range of projects and services including:
- Funding to help women start up in business
- Shelters to protect women escaping from domestic violence
- Information about women's rights
- Support for changing laws and policies to protect and empower women
- Challenging the attitudes and stereotypes that underlie discrimination
Womankind directly supported over 100,000 women over the last year while indirectly helping millions more.
Find out more on the Womankind website.
“We are thrilled to have been selected to be Eyes Down Charity of the Year! The announcement comes at an exciting time as Womankind approaches our 30th anniversary year. We are happy to be working with a company that is enthusiastic about supporting us to achieve our ambitious goals for women’s rights worldwide this year and helping us mark this momentous occasion.”
Caroline Haworth, Chief Executive Officer, Womankind Worldwide.
About the Eyes Down Charity of the Year award
The Eyes Down Charity of the Year award is held annually and provides the winning charity with a host of digital marketing benefits. These include a free of charge website audit, two free consultation days, a 20% reduction in our fees for 12 months and support via our newsletter and social media channels.
The Eyes Down Charity of the Year is open to small and medium sized charities and the winner is chosen based on the positive impact we feel we can make for the charity over the next 12 months.
"It is a great privilege to be working with Womankind and to be helping them transform women’s lives. The principles of women’s rights and gender equality are close to our hearts and Womankind’s work has helped millions of women and girls. Our team were unanimous in choosing Womankind as our 2019 Charity Of The Year.”
Stuart Palmer, Founder, Eyes Down Digital
Our work with Womankind
We are super-excited about working with Womankind over the next year and our plans include:
- A stakeholder workshop to examine their target audiences, content, key user journeys, signposting and social media integration.
- A re-design of their information architecture which delivers for their key audiences.
- A a modern look and feel for the Womankind website.
- An open source content management system (CMS) so that Womankind administrators have full editorial control.
- A secure, standards-compliant and future-proof technology stack.
- Training for the Womankind team.
- A set of success metrics which can be user to measure the performance of the website.
In 2018 we supported Veterans Aid as our Charity Of The Year. You can read more about how we helped in this blog article.
Apply to become our 2020 Charity Of The Year
We will be welcoming applications for the 2020 Charity Of The Year from September 2019. To be notified when applications are open, please sign up to our newsletter.